I launched this store on Wednesday 10th April 2019.
My first sale was on Monday 15th April 2019 (did a happy dance and smiled so hard you could see my wisdom teeth- similar to the pic in this post haha)
My vision is to be the 'go to gal' for all things relating to self care and fulfilment.
I'm creating amazing products like the My Happiness Journal, openly sharing my experiences toward finding my own happiness in an effort to help people realise their potential and ability to create positive change in their lives. Journalling had to be the first thing I launched as it honestly helped get me out of some pretty sad places a few years ago. Done daily, it is a real game changer.
It's taken 7 years to get here. Here's a (very) brief timeline
2012 - disliked my job in advertising (and wasn't very good at it either, to be honest!). Resigned, left the industry and enrolled in a Personal Training course.
2013 - 2015 - Ran a Personal Training business. Worked my butt off, made a lot of mistakes, a fantastic self development journey, but not lucrative and accumulated debt.
During that time, I started, and never fully executed on the following:
- Online fitness business
- Network Marketing supplements and travel
- Personal Training 1-1 and Groups
- Buying and selling on ebay
2015 - 2017 - Went back to working a job in advertising. Got better at it, enjoyed the regular pay packets, but still yearned to be my own boss and contribute in a better way to society.
That, in combination with improving my heath, entering into a great relationship, clearing debt and for the first time ever taking the lead in what I really want in life, I feel like life is only just starting at the age of 40!
Some of my life lessons, relating to Happiness:
- Optimal Health is the foundation to everything.
- Financial Freedom cannot be found working a job - you must venture outside this, whether it be your own business, investing your money wisely or similar.
- We are on the brink of massive change in the way we live as a society, and having better self awareness (through tools like journaling) will help you be able to ride the wave of change most effectively.
- Connecting with like-minded people is the key to longevity and happiness.
- Feeling like you've made a positive contribution to society in combination with feeling like you're making progress is key to genuine happiness.
- Visualisation, and really feeling it come to life in your mind before it actually happens, is Real. The the universe works in your favour when you fully understand and grasp this concept.
Would love to hear your thoughts on this. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or catch me on Instagram @rhoda_happiness