Welcome to part 2 of the Energiser Exercises series, something I've learned from the pioneer on the health principles I live by, Paul Chek in his book 'Eat Move and Be Healthy'.
More detail about the Energy systems, why they are so crucial and a summary of all 7 is here.
This post focusses on Zone 2, otherwise known as our Sacral Chakra. It's colour is orange and it's located between the base of your spine and navel. This zone is based around our emotions, creativity, moving with ease through life, pleasure, sexuality and joy.
Blockage may manifest as emotional problems, compulsive or obsessive behaviour and sexual guilt.
The following shows three exercises you can perform to create energy and movement in this area, to potentially unlock any blockages you may have there. A chance to 'slow down' and give the body much needed love and energy!
You can do 1, 2 or all 3, depends on time and how you're feeling.
LEG TUCK - 10 reps each side.
- Lie on back, knees bent
- INHALE: draw legs to chest as you EXHALE.
- It's ok to open up the legs as you pull them close to you
- INHALE AGAIN: return legs to floor
PELVIC ROCK EXERCISES - 10 reps
- Stand with soft knees or sit upright on a swiss ball
- INHALE and rotate your pelvis forward (butt hole points to the wall behind you :))
- Keep your trunk as still as possible as you move your pelvis
- EXHALE: and rotate your pelvis back (butt hole points to the floor :))
ALTERNATING LEG DROP - 10 reps, slow
- Lie on your back
- Bend your knees, keeping your feet together as you perform the exercise
- Let legs drop to the same side, dropping one at a time.
- Return to start position, one leg at a time
You can do all three, or just choose your favourite from zone 1 and 2.
Email me if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or share your experience on instagram, and tag me at rhoda_happiness.
My Happiness Journal includes a daily checklist, where you can tick off when you do these exercises - they fall into the 'self care' category :)